Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dealing with loss

How do you come to terms with something like losing your friends. No, I don't mean not being friends with them anymore. It's much more than that.

I lost 2 of my friends on the 1st of August. Good friends. A couple. A couple very much in love. A couple married for less than a year. A couple who made a lot of difference to the world in their 27 odd years.

She was so full of joy, chattered non-stop, loved nature, butterflies, her friends...

He was one of the sweetest guys I've known, sensible, funny, fun to be drunk with!

This whole thing makes me wonder, can you ever really expect anything in life? Do you have the right to? They had many dreams, to travel, to see, to do.

I've made up my mind to do a few things in life. Basically, I prioritized.

1. Tell my family that I love them, everyday. Pray for them.
2. Do what my heart tells me to do. Do everything I want to do.
3. Be nice to people

May God give their families and everyone who knew them the strength to get through this and the comfort that they're together wherever they are, and they're content.

No comments: